Friday, October 22, 2010

My Heart

It could have been yours, but you refused it

It could have been love, but you used it

Instead of taking it for what it really was

You chose to break it just because

Now I’m hurting and I can’t take it

I don’t care, I’m not gonna fake it

I’ll wear my broken heart on my sleeve

Just for you and the whole world to see

You took my heart and abused it

Cluttered my mind and confused it

You always said I had a pretty face

Now I’m nothing but a fucking basket case

I hope you’re happy now with her

I’ll take my broken heart back if you prefer

It’s no use to you now that it is dead

If it’s okay with you, I’ll die now instead

I’d rather lay dead than without my heart

I can’t stand the feeling of being apart

So be kind and please return it

Take my picture, rip and burn it

My memory will now fade away

And I have confidence that maybe one day

You will realize the most important part

That you, in fact, were my heart

2 comments:

  1. I felt so much pain reading this.
    {{hugs}}

    Been there, felt it, dealt with it and somehow, moved on. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, thankfully this is old. Just wanted a place to put it so I didn't lose it. Sometimes I read it and feel thankful of what I have now. =)

    ReplyDelete